defining moments of my life

Thursday, October 13, 2005

More Defining moments

More defining moments of my life.....

Age 35 .....

A few years ago, I was chewed by hubby's manager one night in a club. i had taken the food first without waiting for his wife. As the president's wife, she is supposed to take the buffet dinner first before the rest of the ladies. As she was busy on the phone, i proceeded to take the food and when the hubby came over to the food table, he saw me in front of her. He chewed me up. really scolded me in front of everyone. sungguh memalukan. he said that since i have no manners, and my husband have not done much to correct me, it is time he teach me some... well, my eyes were brimming with tears at that time, i did not dare to even reply cos i was sure i would break down. everyone was so shocked at his outbursts. and out came a lot more accusations, that i did not even try to be friendly to his family, did not visit them, was not helpful like the previous assistant's wife, etc...pretty bull.s... stuff. Looking back, it was pretty stupid of me to stand such nonsense. should have walked out of the dinner. but i sat there, and tried to eat my food. Urrrrgh.... i had to bear with him, put up with this kind of bullying for ten years... He is finally out of my life and my marriage. Looking back now, the incident and many other incidents had really eroded my self-esteem. At that time, i so very much wanted to try to at least get along with him, for my hubby's sake but whatever i did was never good enough. He couldn't get me to kow-tow to him and it frustrated him. I was unlike all the other wives and he tried to mould me into a typical planter's wife....I lived in two worlds, one in the estate and one in school.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your manager is just too much as a person! In the God's eyes, everyone is same, why have to kow tow him like he is king ?
    I hate such high ppl! He is worst than a Prim. 6 ppl who knows how to handle ppl. At least he can say so after the break!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home